A Backup camera or a reversing camera is a CCTV camera that is installed on the back of the vehicles to view the screen mounted on the dash. The backup camera plays a significant role in the safety of the vehicle and helps you to maintain visibility and control. It helps you to view the vehicles coming back of your drive in front of your windshield.
If you want to install a backup camera on your car, it is a right decision to learn how to do it for yourself. Buy a mountable rearview camera that suits for your car correctly. Purchase the backup camera that is specially made for the model of your car. Then, the installation process is pretty easy if you follow a few steps. Here is the detailed guide about How to install a backup camera on the car -
- External monitor
- Internal monitor
Purchase all the necessary equipment that is essential for the installation. Get a suitable external monitor, internal monitor, cables, camera and tools which are necessary for the process. Once you got everything you need, you can get ready for the next step.
How to do Guide
Installation of Camera Cables:
- First, you need to take off the license plate located on the backside of your car. Use a screwdriver, remove the screws and carefully remove each screw out of the license plate. Pull off the license plate and set it in a safe place.
- Remove the interior panel of the car and open the stable interior area. Now you will find the area located on the back side of the license plate area. Remove the panel covering the channel and expose car's rear wiring system carefully.
- Use a speed twist driller and drill a little hole in the license plate mounting place. Examine if there are any obstacles between the license plate mounting place and rear wiring chamber. Before digging the hold, make sure the camera, power and video cables fit correctly inside the holes. Hold the camera in the area you want to mount and note the spot to drill a hole. In most of the cases, the diameter of the hole can be 1/2 to 1/4 inches.
- Place the cables in the right place and secure the cables with rubber grommets to prevent the wires slipping around the place. Then run the camera cable through the holes and pull out the camera's power and power cables into the car.
- Run the camera cables from the outside to inside of the car. Locate the reverse light wires of your car and carefully connect the cables in the right position. The cords are located in different locations in different models of a car, so You need to find out the correct cords and attach the cables.
- Use a wire stripper and peel off the rubber covering around the reverse light wires. With the help of screwdriver expose the middle part of the wire and connect the cables.
Placing the Monitor:
- Depending on the type of car you own, route the video cable of the camera to the front side of the case.
- Connect the RCA cable through the video connected and run through the fuse box.
- On the front windshield, Fix the external monitors following the instructions of the manufacturer.
- On the rearview mirror, Attach the internal monitors carefully with a clipper. Run the cables through the fuse box.
Mounting the Camera:
Connect the backup camera to the video and power cable through the fuse box. Install the rear view monitor and camera cords carefully in and outside of your car. After installation, quickly attach the license plate. Test the camera by driving your car around to make sure it works perfectly.
Before using it on roads, use it in a safe area to avoid any accidents. If you have any problems in the process of installation, consult a professional to do the work. In the modern world, you can find wireless rear view cameras which are pretty easy to install.
We hope this article about how to install backup cameras on car gave you useful information about the installation. Do the process with the instructions given in the manufacturer's installation guide to avoid mistakes. Save your bucks and install it by yourself!
Image Source: pexels.com, unsplash.com